Lady Bug Dreams

We, like so many others, have embarked on a journey, that has us swinging between hysterical laughter to tears of unknown. But we are doing it.....

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year!!!

THE WAIT

A half a world away
Sometimes it seems we're so far apart
But a half a world away
Is not too far for a journey of the heart

My little one
I'm waiting for you
My precious daughter
I know you're waiting too

A half a world away
A child waits for a family of her own
While a half a world away
I wait to bring her home

My little one
I'm whispering a prayer
My precious daughter
I hope to soon be there.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is corrected and properly credited version of the poem (actually song lyric). The first two verses were written during the wait for my son, and the final verse after bringing him home. After several parents and agencies wrote to ask permission to use the lyrics on their sites and newsletters, I also made a girl version:

    HALF A WORLD AWAY

    Half a world away,
    sometimes it seems we're so far apart.
    But half a world away
    is not too far for a journey of the heart.
    Our little one, our precious pearl,
    we're waiting for you.
    Our precious child, our little girl,
    we know you're waiting too.

    Half a world away,
    a child waits for a family of her own.
    While a half a world away,
    a family waits to come bring her home.
    Our little one, our precious pearl,
    we're whispering a prayer.
    Our precious child, our little girl,
    we hope to soon be there.

    Half a world away...
    so many miles to bring you home at last.
    Just half a world away...
    so many months of waiting are past.
    Our little one, our precious pearl,
    you're finally home to stay.
    Our precious child, our little girl,
    we celebrate this day...
    Knowing we will no longer be half a world away.

    ©words and music 1999 Jill Marshall-Work

     

Post a Comment

<< Home